Monday, February 14, 2011

My Mosaic Project

Art C Girlz had a Mosaic project night, led by Kathi. I was home sick, so I didn't get to do it with everyone else. So, I tried it on my own tonight. OK, I'm a bit too "Type A" because I grew increasingly frustrated with trying to get my shapes to exactly line up - they wouldn't and didn't seem to be all the same size - supposedly 1" square. Anyway - my attempts are shown below.

This is my orignal fabric - a batik.

This is the new arrangement of all the fabric squares. I left black showing between all the tiles for 2 reasons - to even out the squares and to make it look like stained glass. I don't know if this is the intent of the project, but it is what I came up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment